I would like to introduce you to Kushi’s Kitchen, one of the winners of the Vegan Cook off event on my facebook food group Food from the Heart ,that ended on Jul 15, 2015. She is the founder of blog – http://www.cookwithkushi.com/ . She has laid out all her recipes in a way that can be easily followed by cooking novices or veterans. Please feel free to explore her blog to check out your favorite recipes and leave comments. I had an opportunity to interview her and have included relevant excerpts for your reference.
1. How did your journey began? Any inspirations?
Cooking has been passion since childhood. Now I enjoy cooking food for my husband. My mother has been my greatest inspiration.
2. How do you find time to manage your blog and how many hour’s you spend per day/week on an average on your blog?
As I am interested in cooking, I always find time to cook, document and share it with the rest of the world. I have never felt it as a chore. I think I spend about couple of hours each day on my blog.
3.Please Tell us about your blog and what’s the idea behind choosing your blog name?
My blog features recipes from different cuisines around the world. Kushi means happy in several Indian languages, and the recipes on my blog are from my happy kitchen.
4. What’s the biggest challenge you faced in maintening your blog?
Photography is an area that is the most challenging. I hope to learn more along the way and get better at it.
5.What’s your hobby apart from blogging?
6. Have you got the support you need from your family members to run your blog?
Yes, my husband supports me completely.
7. Do you love to cook or the blogging aspect give you the push to dish out creative dishes?
I think its a little bit of both.
8. We have heard that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for the future bloggers who are interested in making money from the blog?
I am not focusing much on monetizing my blog. Currently my focus is to provide quality and easy recipes to my readers.
9. Please give some Food Photography tricks to our members here.
Like I said earlier I am still learning. All the photos on my blog were from a cell-phone camera. I just bought a DSLR and I am still learning its features. I will definitely share tips with the community in the future.
10. Please share your inputs about the group and suggestions to help us improving the group each day.
This is a very inspiring and encouraging group giving opportunity to a lot of people to showcase their talent. I appreciate the efforts by the admin and moderators in keeping the group active 24/7. On a side note: I understand that you are asking us to post the recipe in the group. But there are several other groups which give credit to the bloggers by sending the reader to the blog itself. The main advantage with this is that readers get to see more pics (step by step), additional cooking tips, and offers better readability. This way the hard work put by the bloggers is credited.
Her winning entry is #FFHVeg Pad Phed Tofu you can search on FB search box all the recipes of vegan cook off are tagged there.